Monday 17 March 2014

Monday Morning Music - Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Monday Morning Music is whatever tune I've got in my head when I wake up.

Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston


"I'm Shipping Up to Boston" is a song with lyrics written by the folk singer Woody Guthrie and music written and performed by the Celtic punk band Dropkick Murphys. It appeared on their 2005 album, The Warrior's Code.  The single is the band's most successful to date and was certified platinum.  The video features the Dropkick Murphys performing the song on the waterfront in East Boston. The band is also seen "hanging out" with hooligans while being chased by Boston police officers. The song's simple lyrics describe a sailor who had lost a leg climbing the topsail, and is shipping up to Boston to "find my wooden leg."

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment